Welcome to your weekly EIS Bulletin!
We appreciate how busy your inbox can become, so EIS will only send out Support & News messages every Thursday.
If there is something critical that our customers need to know immediately, we will of course send a message straightaway –
that way you will know the EIS email needs urgent action.
Below we have summarised what is new this week… if you have any queries, please get in touch!
View all EIS Support Information on our Support Portal
Available to Contract Customers only – please contact EIS to discuss our support services
COVID Related Information Regarding SIMS Attendance/Lesson Monitor
Several articles have been released to assist schools with processing attendance marks in SIMS, particularly in the light of the latest national lockdown:
- KB0012777 Using SIMS Lesson Monitor to Record Online Lesson Attendance
- KB0012770 Entering and Reporting on the X Code in SIMS Attendance
- KB0012703 Managing User Defined Groups in SIMS
If you have any questions on which codes to use in your registers, please consult your attendance service for relevant advice. This should be either your Local Authority attendance advisory team (maintained schools), the DfE (academies) or your attendance advisory service if you buy this in.
You can also refer to the DfE guidance which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-attendance
Once you have been advised on which code to use the Education Support Team will then be able to support you with entering codes in SIMS.
Free SIMS User Forum – Monitoring and Reporting on Attendance in the Current Situation
If you have a support contract with EIS, why not register for your free place on the webinar. This is being held on Wednesday 13 January 2021, between 10:00 to 11:00.
Our consultant will guide you through some key attendance reports and how to use them to monitor attendance.
We will also have some reports for people to take away and use immediately.
To join please register at https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/3290759548598776066
Preparation for the School Census Spring 2021
The School Census Home Page on the new ServiceNow School Portal is now updated with the latest information ready for completing your school census return in January. This page will be used to keep schools up-to-date on all the latest school census news.
The page can be accessed through the following link, as long as you have your login details for the new support portal. If you have not received an email with your login details, please contact the Service Desk as soon as possible on 03000 65 88 88.
Producing the Spring 2021 School Census using SIMS – Webinar
If you have a support contract with EIS, why not register for your free place on the webinar. This is being held on Tuesday 12 January 2021, between 11:00 to 12:30.
The overview session will cover:
Preparing for the Spring 2021 census
Creating the census
Adding data to the panels
Validating and correcting common errors
Checking reports and authorising the census
To register, click on the link below. You will then receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the training.
Release of the FMS Autumn 2020 Upgrade
We are planning to release the FMS Autumn 2020 upgrade files to all schools on SOLUS3 by 16:00 on Friday 15 January 2021.
To assist schools in completing this upgrade the following notice will be made available on our ServiceNow School Portal by Friday 15 January 2021:
It is important that any school using KLZ to access their FMS database remotely via the Internet should upgrade their FMS system as near as possible to the date that we will be updating our hosted servers otherwise users will not be able to access FMS remotely. Therefore, if schools do not upgrade FMS on their server on or around the date below, they will not be able to access FMS remotely until the school FMS is at the same version as the KLZ servers. EIS will be updating this remote connection between 17:00 on Friday 15 January 2021 and 06:00 on Monday 18 January 2021.
FMS Autumn 2020 Upgrade for EIS Hosted Customers
Following the release of the FMS Autumn 2020 upgrade – EIS SIMS Hosting customers should be aware that EIS will be upgrading the EIS Hosting Service between 17:00 on Friday 15 January 2021 and 06:00 on Monday 18 January 2021.
This means you will not be able to access the entire EIS Hosting Service during this time including, SIMS/ Discover or FMS and your Hosted files and documents.
If you have any questions on this please log onto the ServiceNow IT Portal to use the Chat Facility or to log a Ticket. Alternatively, call the Service Desk on 0300 065 8888.
Removal of Temporary Attendance Codes in SIMS KB0012474
A quick reminder to Attendance Officers that the temporary attendance codes in SIMS (including 7,8,9) that were activated by patch to assist with SAGE Reporting during the summer term 2020, should NOT be used for absences in the new academic year 2020/21.
Please read article KB0012474 for further details.
Full guidance on the use of the X and I attendance codes for COVID-19 related absence is available from the DfE at:
Cantium ServiceNow School Portal
On Friday 18 December the EIS Support Portal at https://support.eisit.uk/ was switched off
All users should now access the ServiceNow IT portal for Schools.
If you are having any problems accessing the new portal with the login credentials previously provided by email, please contact the Service Desk
The following are available on the ServiceNow IT Portal for schools:
- Notices – Sims Information, Information Notices, End of Year Information
- School Census pages
- Weekly Bulletin – weekly emails will be sent to schools containing a link to the Weekly Bulletin
- Newsletters – an email will be sent to schools containing a link to Newsletters
- Announcements – will appear as a banner or a featured new article
All incidents and requests must be logged via one of the following methods:
- ServiceNow Portal
- Chat function in ServiceNow to chat live with one of our dedicated Service Desk team members
- Alternatively, call the Service Desk on 0300 065 8888
If you would like to see older versions of the Bulletin along with the Newsletter then these can be accessed by going to https://cantium.service-now.com/csm?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0012595 on the new Support Portal.
Training & Events
View all EIS Training Courses on http://www.kentcpdonline.org.uk/
- W007 SIMS The Basics – Part 1 – Friday 8 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W008 SIMS The Basics – Part 2 – Monday 11 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W016 Personnel – Staff Absences – Tuesday 12 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W006 Behaviour – Wednesday 13 January 2021 (15.00 – 16.00)
- W009 Exams – Setup and Manage Seasons – Wednesday 13 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W013 Recording Attendance – Primary – Wednesday 13 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W017 Personnel – Staff Training/Professional Details – Wednesday 13 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W007 SIMS The Basics – Part 1 – Thursday 14 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W024 Basic Attendance Reporting – Friday 15 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W010 Exams – Process Entries – Monday 18 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.30)
- W019 Personnel – Service Terms – Monday 18 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W008 SIMS The Basics – Part 2 – Tuesday 19 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W032 Profiles – Part 1 – Tuesday 19 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W033 Profiles – Part 2 – Friday 22 January 2021 (11.00 – 12.00)
Cantium- EIS have put together a wide range of webinars for schools to access. The programme can be found at- https://support.eisit.uk/info-notice/sims-training-courses-webinars/
These webinars can be booked through Kent CPD online. Go to https://cpdschools.theeducationpeople.org/cpd/default.asp and search for the webinar number.
This programme is in response to feedback from schools that they would like remote sessions for training for a number of varied reasons. We have therefore put this comprehensive package together so that staff can access the webinars from home, school or offices as long as they are connected to the internet.
For further information and to get in touch: